Inline image 1 We received an email this afternoon advertising great prices on Princess cruises.Since we've sailed with Princess previously, my wife went into her myprincess account.

The prices listed for a balcony for the cruise above were $419 and subsequently (as above) was $399, plus $135 in port fees taxes, etc. (see above screen shot for sailing date and prices). Unfortunately, upon proceeding through the site to book the cruise at either the $419 or $399 price, the price for actual booking skyrocketed to $999 and then even higher. Customer service was no help, explaining there was nothing she could do, as the problem was not a bait and switch but simply high demand for a limited number of rooms.

She then postulated that the problem was that we misread the booking dates. I don't care if you call it bait and switch, intentionally misleading or a deceptive sales practice, but this kind of marketing is unconscionable. I've not encountered it when booking on Royal Carribean or any other reputable cruise line. I'm asking for you to honor your website pricing and book my wife and I at the price listed above.

I look forward to your response.Dennis Platt dcplatt1@gmail.com

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Deceptive sales practice.

Comments

Not only was this issue not resolved, we received another email touting very attractive prices, but even though we responded immediately, nothing was available at those prices. So, Princess continues to use deceptive, bait and switch sales techniques.